Water heaters are becoming one of the essential commodities in a household. The evolution of water heaters has schematically helped make life easier for the users. The sizes of the tankless water heaters have significantly got more compact and filled with numerous user-friendly features. Here we will discuss one such tankless water heater, which is one of my favorites.
The Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG Natural Gas Indoor Tankless Water Heater is a product of a Japanese manufacturing firm called Takagi, which has the reputation of manufacturing one of the best water heaters around the world. The T-KJr2-IN-NG has received thumbs up from many users for being a dynamic product and offering many other valuable benefits as a top-grade water heater.
The striking features include being one of the most miniature tankless water heaters globally, yet it has the efficiency to simultaneously supply hot water in two bathrooms.
Please consider Taking A Look At This Similar Item:
Features of the Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG Water Heater
- 40-Gallon Capacity: The supply line of this magnificent water heater is quite identical to a 40- gallon water heater. The space required in installing this small yet efficient water heater is on the minimum side, yet the performance yield is on the maximum side.
- Effective Temperature Check: The working system ensures the flow of water passes via thermistor chambers, ensuring keeping the temperature in check at all times. The temperature control feature is one of the best in Takagi products, which will ensure that the system apparatus will automatically shut down when the temperature rises above the peak limit, thereby ensuring the product remains stable and damage-proof.
- The Air Fuel Ratio sensor present in the Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG will keep track of subsidizing harmful pollutants and emissions.
- Apart from the above features, other safety features include surge breakdown protection, freeze protection, digital meter protection features to ensure minimal failure rates.
- The flow rate is nearly 6.6 gallons of water per minute.
Advantages of the Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG
- Longevity: The Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG tankless water heater serves a general household for a period of close to ten years.
- Easy Installation: The simplicity of the installation is one of the critical aspects of the system. The catalog provided with the system has a schematic, step-by-step demonstration on how to install it.
- Advanced Switches: The built-in DIP switches are set to perform efficiently in houses situated in different altitude ranges. The setting outline has a wide range from 0-2,000 ft., 2,000-4,000 ft, and 4,000-6,000 ft., respectively.
Things to be aware of
- Expensive Installation (if you don’t DIY): The expense of installation is on the higher side, which results in the net price of the product and its installation on the expensive side. We recommend you seek skilled professionals’ services to install, as that will increase in proper setup and validate the warranty.
- The tankless water heater supplies water to those houses which have two bathrooms. If you have a more significant residence, you might need two separate units to enjoy the services of hot water.
- One major drawback of the TKJr2-IN-NG tankless water heater is extreme usage of constant flow, i.e., you cannot clean your laundry, wash your dishes, take a shower, all at the same time. This is because the system runs on natural gas and not on electricity; thereby, the chances of an imminent gas leak are on the possible side, and by no means can the safety be compromised. Thus, with the main drawback, you can have, at maximum, the limit of water filling for 40 gallons at a single usage time.
The product requires a slightly unconventional means of installation, i.e., unlike other tankless water heaters, this will require venting in the outdoors, as the unit is run by gas and not by electricity.
- The venting occurs horizontally or even sometimes, vertically.
- The 0.5 GPM activation rate and 110V of power supply initiate the proceedings.
- The process is comparatively more manageable but properly licensed professional installation is recommended since this is a gas-fed system, ensuring the safety measure remains right in place.
The Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG is an exemplary technological domestic appliance. Yes, the installation cost, with the services of a skilled professional technician, might just cost as much as the heater’s price, but after that, the overall maintenance cost is on the lower side. The energy star-certified product is nothing short of an eco-friendly device.